Thursday, June 5, 2008

John Dahlback's normal day


John: I live together with my girlfriend in central Stockholm. A normal day in my life is that I wake up around 08:00AM and drives to the studio with any kind of thought about what I should do for the day. Usually I’ve done som pre work (beats, bought a plugin or such). Then I try to create something to around 16:00PM. During this time I also visit the other producers around. When I get home I listen to what I’ve done today and thinks about if there’s something I can change. The rest of the day I spend with my friends or anything else that doesn’t involve music. On the weekends I travel around the world deejaying.

 

Rank your top 5 favorites in house/techno scene!

John: Now I probably forget many tracks but these ones are very special to me:

Persuader - Stockholm (album): It was because of this record I got in to the whole electronic scene. I still listen to it today.

Benny Benassi - Satisfaction: This track really made house music big in a commercial way. Amazing track and well produced. I know that many people think it’s a corny track bit I’m really not ashamed over the fact that I love it, haha!

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro: This track will hold forever! 

Dk8 - Murder Was The Bass: Explanation is unnecessary!

Faithless - Music Matter (Axwell Remix): I melt when I hear it.

No comments: